Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Dyno tune - need 3 bar map sensor?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kobe 8's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My tuner told me that I need a 3 bar map sensor. It's reading a tad over 13.5 psi. After 7600rpm there's a dip in hp. Probably robbing add'l hp? Anyone have the same problems? Any comments/thoughts is appreciated. Thanks...

    Sorry for the huge pic.

    vtec = 2500
    timing = 14*
    hondata s200
    mvm stepper pulley

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 07, 2004 02:06 AM: Message edited by: kobe 8 ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member spidermancivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2003
    Posts
    124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hmmmmmmmmmmm......autowave in huntington beach. you know, theyve gotton alot of bad customer responses concerning tuning. but, that is over the internet. i would like to hear from a fellow jrsc user on your satisfaction concerning them and what you thought of them. i like church, but they are to damn far away in torrance. autowave or prospeed would be so much more closer. the only problem i had with autowave is that, they didnt pick up the phone the three times i tried calling them, thats why my bussiness went to church instead.

    PS: what was the rate they charged you?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Looks like you got some nice solid gains there from 4400 to 6000 rpm, about 10 hp all the way up on average. Not bad. The overall hp does seem a little low though. Did you say that your car is seeing 12.5 psi?

    I got my car tuned at Dynamic Autosport in Lake Forest. They're alright I guess. I would have preferred a more "comprehensive" tune with adjustment to my Cartech and baseline fuel pressures, instead of just toying with my Apexi VAFC the whole time. I also didn't like the fact that their A/F meter was an HKS model that could not print out the A/F ratio.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member kobe 8's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Autowave was alright. I went to them cuz they were closer than Church. They've always answered their phones when I called. It was a package deal, so I don't know what they charged me on the tuning alone. I bought their Hondata s200 w/boost, RC 550s, dyno tuning, etc. They kept my car for 2 days so I wasn't there during the tuning to ask questions. Maybe if I was there, he would've gone over the dyno sheet more in detail. For me, I was happy with their service.

    Autowave's dyno dynamic reads ~10-12 hp lower than the traditional dyno jets. I was at Church's this pass weekend & Shawn mentioned that Mike (Autowave tuner) is good & knows his stuff, & confirmed that his dyna pack reads 10-12 hp higher than Autowaves.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member i2un's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2002
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lightning Motorsports sells 3 bar map sensors with pigtails for like $65

    But your MVM pulley shouldn't give you 13.5 psi of boost. Maybe your cam gears are off and bumping the boost reading??? Also, why 14 degrees timing if your using Hondata...Why not 16?

    Give me a call man. Let's figure this out.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Moad'Ib's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2002
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by kobe 8:

    Autowave's dyno dynamic reads ~10-12 hp lower than the traditional dyno jets. I was at Church's this pass weekend & Shawn mentioned that Mike (Autowave tuner) is good & knows his stuff, & confirmed that his dyna pack reads 10-12 hp higher than Autowaves.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it would be best to stay consistent either with the Dynapac or the Dyno Dynamics unit. I would not even bother with an Dyno(EGO) Jet. We recently bought a Dyno Dynamics dyno and we have seen a difference in the numbers of the cars we tested when they previously ran their cars on a Dyno Jet.

    The tuner, which had the Dyno Dynamics unit, probably gave you more accurate numbers than the Dynopac and definitely over the Dynojet.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kobe 8's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I dynoed both on Church's dyno pack & Autowave's dyno dynamic. I'm sticking to one tuner, Autowave. Only reason why I went to Church was that he was open weekends.

    I'm not getting the 3 bar map sensor. The boost level on Autowave read 12psi.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Tad3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2004
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah.. i didn't read the replies..
    so sorry if this was already covered.

    but the stock map sensor can only handle around 11psi

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Moad'Ib's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2002
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by kobe 8:
    I'm sticking to one tuner, Autowave.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good Choice! More Accurate dyno anyways! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jay,

    You mentioned above that the Dyno Dynamic system is more "accurate" than a DynoJet... can you elaborate on this statement please ?!?

    I have always felt that ALL THREE systems that you named in your post are accurate... meaning that if one were to make say five pulls without making any changes to the tune, and allow the necessary cool-down time between runs, that the results would be +/- 1%... maybe 2% at the very worst.
    If what you mean is that the actual wheel HP values are more true as compared to the others... I would ask this question: How do you know ?!?

    It is no secret that of the three (DynoJet, DynaPack and Dyno Dynamics), if one were to run the same car on each, the HP/Torque values would most likely be the lowest on the DynoJet and highest on the Dyno Dynamics... with the DynaPack just behind it. While this makes the Dyno Dynamics results the most appealing to the consumer, I fail to see how that translates into results that are the "most accurate".

    Please enlighten me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •